Thank you for checking out San Rafael Outfitters..the Mexico side of Mullins Outfitters!

We've spent many years hunting and learning old Mexico! That experience and knowledge has helped us feel confident and safe in our operations south of the border and enjoy great success! We've got some great ranches and great friends that help us have enjoyable and successful hunts every year and we hope you'll join us this next season and experience old Mexico for yourself!

We are very excited to introduce our newest ranch!

2011-2012 Season Success Photos!

March 12, 2012

What are the chances!!!


.
Check this out! Two seasons ago, a client of ours killed a giant Coues buck. This buck unfortunately had broken 2 main points off his right antler sometime within the few days prior to us taking him. I had this buck in my rifle scope a week earlier while scouting and he was fully intact and I gotta say, not pulling the trigger was the hardest thing I've ever done! My client was coming a week later and it just wouldn't be right if I shot this buck before he had a chance! Had I known he would break 2 of his tines off before my client got there things might've been different!
Here's a trailcam picture of the buck right before my client showed up...
.
.
Once my client showed up, it took us no more than 10 minutes to locate this buck and confirm it was indeed him in the trailcam photos. We had hoped it wasn't him as it doesn't appear to be as big in the picture, but sure enough, it was him and he had indeed broken 2 huge tines! This buck intact scored in the mid 130's and even after the breakage he still scores a whopping 117"! We watched this buck all day within killing distance, trying to decide if we should shoot him. My client finally decided he would take him and have his tines repaired...BOOM....done.
.
.
Fast forward to last season... While scouting that same ranch, the owner showed me a shed he had found the summer before. As soon as he pulled it out of his truck I about fell over...IT WAS THE SAME BUCK! Crazier still, it was the side that was broken! The shed was found less than 500 yards from where we killed the buck and was from the previous year. That shed alone scores 57" putting the buck at a solid 130" the year before. He gained some inches in mass, beam length and a small sticker point the year after.
.